We provide front line NHS and social care services across the country. Since 2006 we’ve treated more than 5 million people making sure that everyone feels the difference.
Our aim is to make a real difference to people’s lives by offering NHS and social care services that are:
- Better than what went before
- A great experience for everyone
- Better value for the public and the NHS
We understand that it’s our people living our values that makes us who we are, and it’s about how together we can make a difference.
Virgin Care’s performance
Where would I expect to see Virgin Care?
We operate over 400 NHS and local authority services throughout the country across four broad service types:
- Primary care services – GP practices, urgent care centres, minor injury units and walk-in centres
- Intermediate care services – Usually services that your GP refers you for such as audiology, dermatology, physiotherapy, podiatry and rheumatology, to name a few
- Community services – Wheelchair services, prison healthcare, sexual health, community hospitals, neuro-rehabilitation, frail/elderly care, health visiting, district nursing, services for children with complex mental, physical and sensory learning difficulties, end of life care
- Social care services – Such as services for people with a learning disability, services supporting people who are looking for work, services supporting people to live independently and the ‘Wellbeing College’ bringing together a variety of services to help keep people healthy. As well as directly providing services, we also oversee services provided by other organisations which work closely with our own services in East Staffordshire and Bath and North East Somerset
Some of our key services
- Children and young people’s health and social care services –We run children’s services across parts of Devon, Wiltshire, Essex and Bath and North East Somerset
- Community services – We run community services across north west and south west Surrey, the Wirral, Bath and North East Somerset, West Lancashire and North Kent
- Sexual health –We run sexual health services in North East Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire, Oldham, Rochdale, Bury, Teesside and Bath and North East Somerset
- Prison healthcare –we run multiple prison healthcare services across Norfolk
Our story so far
(Click to expand)
Virgin Care is a partner in the Surrey Heartlands STP, for more information please visit the Surrey Heartlands website.