The East Staffordshire Improving Lives Programme focuses on helping people to be healthier for longer and helps those people with long-term health conditions to take more control over their own care.
Improving Lives brings together organisations within the health and social care sector including teams in GP Surgeries, Acute Hospitals, Community Care and other areas. Greater integration improves the way in which patients receive services and also identifies and supports any additional needs.
The programme supports residents across East Staffordshire with long term health conditions and frail, older people to:
- Have more control over their own care
- Have improved health outcomes
- Improve their experience of living with their long term health conditions
At the centre of this is the new Care Coordination Centre where a multi-disciplinary team help direct patients to the most relevant service, improving your standard of living and the direct care they receive, with the added development of a care plan to support them in the future. With their consent the patient’s information will be shared with this team to improve the delivery of their care, and help plan for their future health and social care needs.
All of our community services are localised, but they have a common approach:
- Improving your experience – we’re always looking to improve your experience, whether that means working with GPs who refer into our services to improve this process so we see you quicker or providing unexpected magic touches. In our community hospitals we have introduced patient packs and handbooks to make sure all our guests have all the little essentials and information they need during their stay.
- Listening to you – we ask everyone using our services to feedback on their experience so we can find out what we’re doing well and what we need to do better. We have a network of clinical experts who share examples of best practice and learn together.
- Care in the most appropriate place – we want to provide care in the best place for you, which is often in your own home. Through initiatives like our virtual wards in Surrey, where we work closely with our care partners (such as large hospitals), we can allow people with long-term conditions to be discharged from hospital and, wherever possible, supported at home.
- Safe and consistent – we have to meet rigorous Care Quality Commission (CQC) standards for our services and we run our own internal inspections and have robust governance and reporting systems to monitor how all of our services are doing, so you can be confident that your care, safety and privacy are our absolute priorities.
Find details of our East Staffordshire services by using the map or read more about the Virgin Care difference.