Welcome to B&NES Adult Speech and Language Therapy at St Martin’s Hospital
Adult Speech and Language Therapy Services provide assessment, advice, information and support for adults and their families or carers, who have difficulties with communication (speech, language or voice) and/or swallowing.
More about us
Our Speech and Language Therapists are experts in assessing and treating adults with a wide range of communication and swallowing difficulties.
People with the following conditions may have communication or swallowing difficulties and often benefit from being assessed by a Speech and Language Therapist:
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Voice disorders
- Head and neck cancer
- Communication and swallowing difficulties associated with ageing
- Motor Neurone Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Head injury, plus others
How does the service work and who will I see?
Speech and Language Therapists (SLT) and SLT Assistants within the Community Adult SLT service work across a number of teams and services:
- Inpatient rehabilitation services – Sulis ward at St Martin’s Hospital (Main: 01225 831521), SLT answerphone: 01225 831616) and Paulton Hospital (all communication via the previous telephone numbers)
- General Outpatient and Reablement Services (Main: 01225 837581)
- Parkinson’s and Related Conditions, Clara Cross Centre, St Martin’s Hospital (Main: 01225 831518)
- Community Neuro and Stroke Service (Main: 01225 831544)
- Complex Health Needs Service (Main: 01225 831566)
The Acute inpatient service, Voice service and Head and Neck Cancer service are provided via the Royal United Hospital Foundation Trust, Bath.
For a comprehensive guide to the services we oversee in Bath and North East Somerset visit www.bathneshealthandcare.nhs.uk