Welcome to the B&NES Hearing Therapy Service at St Martin’s Hospital
This service provides advice and support for those with conditions of hearing and balance.
More about us
This service is for adults who are registered with a GP in the Bath & North East Somerset, Wiltshire and Somerset areas.
Hearing Therapy is for adults who have used Audiology services before and would benefit from:
- Practical advice sessions
- Counselling sessions
- Equipment demonstrations
- Funding applications to ‘Access to Work’ scheme
If you haven’t had a hearing test yet, please see our Audiology for Adults service page.
Our Hearing Therapy Service provides:
- Advice, information and support for people with any type of hearing loss
- Tinnitus management, influenced by The Tinnitus Retraining Therapy (TRT) approach
- Tailored sessions based on your personal test results to guide you on how to get the most out of your hearing aid(s)
- Advice and demonstration of amplified equipment
- Information days covering all aspects of hearing loss
- A volunteer scheme that supports new hearing aid wearers
- Advice, information and support if you are receiving treatment for vestibular based balance conditions
- British Sign Language interpreters are available on request
Please type in your starting point in the box below to give you directions to the service location.
How do I access this service?
Referrals to this service can come from ENT, your GP or other healthcare professional, and you can also self refer.
We will need an up to date hearing test, so please call us if you need advice about your referral.
What does this service cost?
This service is NHS commissioned, and is therefore free of charge.
We may demonstrate some equipment, some of which is funded by the NHS and some of which is not, but we will advise you of this at the time.
In what areas is this service available?
We currently offer clinics in St Martin’s Hospital and Keynsham Health Centre in Bath and North East Somerset, and at Melksham Hospital and Warminster Hospital in Wiltshire.
You are able to choose which clinic you would prefer to attend regardless of where you live.
We record all the information about you confidentially on our clinical system. Click here to get more information about how we use health records.
Non-English speakers and other formats
We provide all our leaflets in other languages and formats. Please let us know if you would like a different format or language.
Our commitment to you
Virgin Care takes your dignity and privacy very seriously and we will at all times respect your confidentiality. Please treat our staff with respect so we can provide you with the very best care we can. Click here to find out more about your rights and responsibilities.
Your opinion really matters to us
Please let us know if you have a comment, a compliment or a complaint by filling out one of our feedback forms or telling a member of the team. Alternatively, if you would like to make an official complaint you can find out more from our How to make a complaint section.