Welcome to B&NES Community Matron Service
Community Matrons are experienced nurses who work closely with GPs, District Nurses and other community based services such as therapists to help you stay as well as possible, for as long as possible. They are experts in assessing complex medical problems and supporting people who live with long-term conditions.
This service is for adults who are registered with a GP in the Bath & North East Somerset areas.
More about us
Community Matrons will work with you and your family to identify what care you require, and are closely linked with the other health professionals involved in your care. This means that after they’ve assessed your physical needs and designed a pathway of care with you, they can co-ordinate services to ensure care is provided as seamlessly as possible.
- Act as clinical case managers developing a personalised care plan on the basis of the needs, preferences and choices of the patient with long-term conditions
- Manage the patient journey proactively and seamlessly through all parts of the health and social care system
- Deliver targeted health care so that housebound people remain healthier for longer, have a better quality of life and avoid hospital admission
- Multidisciplinary working across boundaries and in partnership with secondary care clinicians and social services, for instance to manage hospital discharges
- Undertake medication reviews, concordance and monitoring (including prescribing medicines)
For a comprehensive guide to the services we oversee in Bath and North East Somerset visit www.bathneshealthandcare.nhs.uk