Welcome to B&NES Mental Health Support, Community Links
We are a community based mental health service.
This service is available to adults (18+) with a mental health support need who live in the Bath & North East Somerset area.
Virgin Care’s Mental Health Services are comprised of three teams, each providing practical and social support to promote wellbeing and recovery from mental health problems.
The service is available after a referral from a number of possible routes (please see downloadable service leaflet below). All referrals come to a single point of entry into the mental health service. At this point you could receive support from one or more of the mental health teams.
- Community Links offer practical, emotional support and social access to help individuals plan a way forward in order to improve their mental and physical wellbeing
- This service facilitates peer led support groups including arts, horticulture and a social drop-in across Bath and North East Somerset
- The service works with the Five Steps to Wellbeing. These five steps are generally practiced in the peer led support groups which give members the opportunity to gain confidence and be involved in the community
- Alternatively, one-to-one advice can be offered to enable individuals to plan for the future
- The service helps people to develop into peer mentors so that they can use their experience to help others
- Community Links enables people to access a range of health, social care and wellbeing related services
For a comprehensive guide to the services we oversee in Bath and North East Somerset visit www.bathneshealthandcare.nhs.ukDownload Mental Health Service Leaflet here (pdf 0.24mb) Download Wellbeing House here (pdf 1.63mb) Download B&NES Intensive Service here (pdf 0.03mb)