Welcome to the B&NES Parkinson’s and Related Conditions service
This specialist clinic is run by a multi-disciplinary team providing assessment, support, rehabilitation and general health advice for patients with Parkinson’s and other related disorders, including PSP – Progressive Supranuclear Palsy, MSA – Multi System Atrophy, CBD – Corticobasal Degeneration, and DLB – Dementia with Lewy Bodies.
More about us
This service is for adults who are under consultant care for movement disorders Parkinson’s and Other Related Conditions and who are registered with a Bath and North East Somerset GP.
Most of the appointments take place at the Clara Cross Centre at St Martin’s Hospital, however some visits may take place in your home. Some of our Specialist Nurse Led clinics are held at Paulton and Keynsham.
When you attend the clinic you will see a nurse who will check your blood pressure, height and weight. This will then be followed by a consultation with a Doctor or Specialist Nurse who will complete a full assessment of your needs.
You will have the opportunity to discuss any issues or difficulties which you are experiencing. From this you may see a member of our team.
The team includes:
- Doctors – medical review
- Parkinsons Specialist Nurses
- Physiotherapy – optimise your physical fitness and address difficulties with movement and balance.
- Occupational Therapy – strategies/equipment to maintain independence in your everyday life
- Psychology – provide evidence-based psychological assessment and intervention to optimise your emotional wellbeing
- Speech and Language Therapy – offering advice and therapy to address issues with communication, swallowing and saliva management
- Therapy Assistants – supporting the therapists to help you work towards your goals.
- Administrators – to deal with your queries
For a comprehensive guide to the services we oversee in Bath and North East Somerset visit www.bathneshealthandcare.nhs.uk