Welcome to the Brook Young People’s Sexual Health Support Service in the Phoenix Centre in Rochdale
Brook’s Education and Training team formerly known as the Crisis Intervention Team are a team of Advanced Practitioners, who specialise in sexual health. We work with people aged under 25 years, who live in Heywood, Middleton or Rochdale.
- Advice and support around positive sexual health and relationships
- Sex and relationship education
- Support with accessing sexual health clinic appointments
- Sexual health drop-in sessions
- Long-term support
We are based at a health centre, but often work in schools, colleges and other community venues.
There are many reasons why you may want to speak to us. Some common reasons people see us are:
- Education sessions, from puberty upwards
- Sexual health and relationship support
- Information about other sexual health services
- Emergency contraception
- Worries about a missed period and for pregnancy testing
- Discussion and support around a positive pregnancy test
- Advice and support around testing for sexually transmitted infections, such as chlamydia and gonorrhoea
- Support for gay, lesbian and bisexual young people
Get in touch
You can speak to us directly by dropping in, or phoning us, or you can ask a professional to make a referral on your behalf. This could be a member of staff at your school or college, your GP or other healthcare professional, or your social worker.
- Social Care professionals
- Education professionals
- Other professionals working with young people
For more information on your sexual health, to book or change an appointment at one of our clinics, or to order a free STI testing kit, please visit our website the sexual health hub.
This service is provided by Brook on behalf of Virgin Care Services Limited.