Welcome to Devon Immunisation Service
The community-based Immunisation Team deliver the national immunisation schedule across Devon.
We provide vaccinations to children and young people aged 5-19. This is mainly provided in schools but also community venues for those that are home educated or requiring catch up vaccinations.
More about us
- HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) usually given to girls in years 8 & 9
- Tetanus, Diphtheria & Polio Yr 9 (+Year 10 for 2017/2018)
- Meningitis ACWY Yr 9 (+ Year 10 for 2017/2018)
- BCG – currently unavailable due to a national shortage of vaccine
Community clinics are available in January, May, July and October, they are run in the evenings. The community clinics are available for home educated students and those who have missed their vaccinations at school.
We are always keen to receive your feedback, please tell us about your recent experience by completing our online feedback form: enter our unique code C8024 and answer the 6 short questions.
For more information please visit the Devon Integrated Children’s Services website.
On the day of the vaccination please ensure the following:
- That your child has breakfast – including a drink
- That your child wears a short sleeved shirt, vest top or t-shirt under their clothes
- After the vaccination, please report any adverse reactions to the Immunisation Team
If you need to attend with your child for a vaccination you will need to book an appointment at a community clinic.
Please answer all questions fully on the consent form and ensure the form is returned promptly to school. Regrettably no photocopied forms will be accepted. The consent form must be signed by a person who has legal parental responsibility for the child.
Schools should inform you of the date the Immunisation Team will visit.
Your child’s records
Any information held about your child is kept securely in a file or on electronic information systems. We use the information to:
- Record important health and social care information
- Help professionals to care for your child
- Provide appropriate support and care to children, young people and families
- Develop and improve services and measure how well we are doing
We will only share information about a child/young person with your consent unless required by law or the data is anonymised. However in some circumstances, when we feel that your child or others are at risk, we may share information without consent. More information on how we use health records.
Non-English speakers and other formats
We provide all our leaflets in other languages and formats. Please let us know if you would like a different format or language.
Our commitment to your child
Virgin Care takes your dignity and privacy very seriously and we will at all times respect your confidentiality. Please treat our staff with respect so we can provide you with the very best care we can. Click here to find out more about your rights and responsibilities.
Your opinion really matters to us
Please let us know if you have a comment, a compliment or a complaint by filling out one of our feedback forms or telling a member of the team. Alternatively, if you would like to make an official complaint you can find out more from our How to make a complaint section.