Welcome to East Staffordshire Falls Management Service
We are a specialist team, comprising of Nursing, Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy, working in the community with people aged 65 years and over, who have had or are at risk of having a fall.
How can we help?
We provide a comprehensive assessment in the home to determine the following:
- The reason for the fall
- How falling has affected day to day life and independence
- How best to manage the risk of any future falls and how to cope in the event of a fall
- Identification of potential hazards within the home and how to make your home safer
- If medication/medical history may be contributing to the fall
Following assessment, and together with you, we will set attainable goals, working towards these goals by developing a programme to:
- Improve your strength, balance and mobility through exercise at home and if appropriate by attending a group session
- Increase your activity levels and confidence, providing equipment when necessary, to maintain independence
This service operates Monday to Friday for people in their own homes registered with a GP in East Staffordshire. For enquires or to make a referral, please contact the Care Co-ordination Centre on 0300 323 0930 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a comprehensive guide to the services we oversee in East Staffordshire visit www.eaststaffsimprovinglives.nhs.uk