Welcome to your adult Speech and Language Therapy service at Sittingbourne Memorial Hospital.
We are a team of trained healthcare professionals whose range of specialist skills ensures that we can respond to the needs of adults with communication and swallowing difficulties arising from a wide variety of medical conditions. All of our speech and language therapists are registered with the Health and Care Professions Council and are members of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists.
Our team works in a variety of settings such as your own home including nursing homes, outpatient departments and the wards of community hospitals.
We provide assessment, information and therapy for adults with acquired communication and swallowing disorders. We offer outpatient services and can also provide home visits for people who are housebound or in nursing homes.
More about us
We provide and implement:
- specialist assessment of speech, voice, language and/or swallowing
- therapy to restore communicative competency and/or swallowing to maximum potential
- compensatory strategies for both speech and swallow
- techniques for managing communication and swallowing disorders and teaching how to avoid risks
- techniques to improve speech fluency and communicative competence
- training and support for carers and professionals, which raises awareness and improves knowledge of communication and swallowing impairment
Please type in your starting point in the box below to give you directions to the service location.
What to expect on your first appointment
Your first appointment will last up to an hour. The therapist will obtain a full history to establish the nature of your symptoms. They are likely to carry out assessments of your speech, language or swallowing. Following these assessments you are likely to be given advice. The therapist will discuss therapy options with you and arrange follow-up appointments as required.
- Patients not registered with a GP in the Dartford Gravesham and Swanley CCG or Swale CCG localities
- Patients under the age of 18 years
- Patients with a primary diagnosis of mental ill health
- Patients do not receive complex treatments in nursing homes
We record all the information about you confidentially on our clinical system.
Click here to get more information about how we use health records.
Non-English speakers and other formats
We can provide all our leaflets in other languages and formats. Please let us know if you would like a different format or language.
Our commitment to you
Virgin Care takes your dignity and privacy very seriously and we will at all times respect your confidentiality.
Please treat our staff with respect so we can provide you with the very best care we can.
Click here to find out more about your rights and responsibilities.
Your opinion really matters to us
Please let us know if you have a comment, a compliment or a complaint by filling out one of our feedback forms that can be found within all of our service locations or telling a member of the team.
Alternatively, if you would like to make an official complaint you can find out more from our How to make a complaint section by clicking here.