Welcome to the west Surrey Specialist Multiple Sclerosis Nursing Service at Farnham Hospital.
More about what we do
MS specialist practitioners;
- Support people with a confirmed diagnosis of MS, registered with GPs in the SW or NW Surrey area
- Support people with MS from diagnosis throughout their journey with the condition
- Provide information, education & support at the time of diagnosis
- Provide information, education & assist with decision making process where disease modifying treatments are indicated
- Proactively review people with MS at agreed intervals, working with them to agree onward actions or goals at the end of each appointment
- Refer people with MS on to the appropriate members of the health & social care teams as agreed
- Provide information & support regarding symptom management and where medication is indicated liaising with Neurologist, Rehab Consultant &/or GP
- Provide information, education and support to carers and family members supporting the person with MS
- Provide information, education, support for professionals supporting people with MS
We provide care for residents in Guildford, Waverley and Surrey Heath.