Since 2011 we have been providing sexual health services which are open to everyone. Our services offer free, confidential and immediate advice, testing and treatment on contraception and sexual health to people of all ages.
Most people refer themselves to our sexual health services and either book an appointment or walk in to one of our clinics, although you can be referred by your GP.
As we know visiting a sexual health clinic for the first time can be a bit daunting, ours are friendly, non-judgemental spaces. Our teams are made up of experienced consultants, doctors and specialist sexual health nurses, so you’ll always see the right person and your safety and privacy are our top priority.
We try to break down the barriers that might normally stop you from visiting a sexual health clinic so we make our services as friendly as possible. Our communication materials, websites and our environments are designed, where it’s been possible, with service users to reflect this.
We have a handy website where you can find out more info on your sexual health, book appointments, order free STI kits and much more – visit us at the sexual health hub website:
Our services include:
Sexual Health Teesside
Sexual Health North Lincolnshire
Sexual Health North East Lincolnshire
Sexual Health Oldham
Sexual Health Rochdale
Sexual Health Bury
Our services are designed to be as convenient as possible, so you’ll find us in handy locations within your community and open out of normal working hours. In some places we’re trialling a new virtual queuing system with text alerts, meaning you don’t even have to sit and wait!
All of our sexual health services are slightly different, but they have a common approach:
- Together in one place – we provide integrated services with family planning, contraception and sexual health advice, sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing and treatment and genitourinary medicine (GUM) in one clinic so we can look after you, no matter what it is you’re concerned about.
- Friendly, non-judgemental environments – we have teams of experienced consultants, General Practitioners with a specialist interest (GPwSI) in sexual health and specialist nurses who are sensitive to your needs and respect your right to privacy.
- Convenient and accessible – our clinics are based in handy central places and generally remain open out of working hours, so you can choose where and when you go. Our teams also run outreach programmes to other community locations and some also coordinate screening in GP practices and pharmacies.
- Listening to you – we ask everyone using our services for feedback on their experience so we can find out what we’re doing well and what we need to do better. We have a national network of sexual health leads to share examples of best practice and learn together.
- Safe and consistent – we have to meet rigorous Care Quality Commission (CQC) standards, we run our own internal inspections and have robust governance and reporting systems to monitor how all of our services are doing.